Friday, September 3, 2010

Color Choice and Mental Models

This choice of logo color by Roche Bros. is not necessarily a "bad" choice, but it does potentially activate a "FedEx" mental model. I found myself thinking that perhaps there was a new partnership and I could ship the groceries to my house?

Words can do the same thing...there is a plumbing supplies store near my house called "Ferguson Express". It makes me think of either photocopying or package delivery, but not copper pipe and wrenches, which is what they sell.

Is this a big deal? Well, Ferguson is out of business, but that may be for other reasons. I think it is a big deal when you roll it up with all of the other things that are competing for our attention, which eventually drives action.





















No comments:

Post a Comment